David M. Irvine
David M. Irvine was born in Buena Vista, Va. He focuses his practice on professional malpractice, personal injury, defamation, and commercial litigation. David has litigated in courts throughout Virginia and tried multiple cases to verdict. David received his B.A., summa cum laude, in Political Science and Religion from Wake Forest University in 2004, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2007.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Virginia State Bar
- Young Lawyers Conference, Board of Governors
VirginiaTrial Lawyers Association
- Board of Governors
- President, Young Trial Lawyers Section
- Publications Committee
- Membership Committee
- Tort Law Legislative Subcommittee
Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association
Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court
- Practice Pointer: Know Your Local Rules Governing Motions Practice, The Journal of theVirginia Trial Lawyers Association, Vol. 24, No. 2 (2013).
- Exploring the Reach of the Absolute Judicial Privilege in Defamation Cases, The Journal of Civil Litigation, Vol. XXIV, No. 4 (Winter 2012-2013).
- The Lessons of Antisdel, Peyton, and Mullins: Covering Your Bases Before Filing Suit in a Death Case, The Journal of theVirginia Trial Lawyers Association, Vol. 23, No. 4 (2012).
- The Law of Cross Examination, The Journal of theVirginia Trial Lawyers Association, Vol. 22, No. 4 (2011).
- “Civility in Litigation”, Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court, January 9, 2014.
- “VirginiaSupreme Court Rule 3:22A and the Scope of Voir Dire in Civil Cases,” Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court, April 11, 2013.
- “Discovery 101,” First Day in Practice & Beyond Seminar, Virginia State Bar, December 3, 2013.
- “Discovery 101,” First Day in Practice & Beyond Seminar, Virginia State Bar, March 1, 2013.
- “The Uniform Interstate Deposition and Discovery Act,” Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court, January 12, 2012.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
- Significant Service, Community Law Week Program Chair, Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Converence, June 13, 2014.
- Charlottesville Waldorf School, Board of Trustees
ARTICLES BY DAVID IRVINE